Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Dad

I consider myself very fortunate that I have the mom that I have. My parents divorced when I was extremely young, but she knew that one day I would cherish the photos of my dad she had either received or taken. And I truly do not only cherish the photos but I cherish my mom for being that type of person.
This photo is mounted on a thick board that would have ruined the actual photo trying to remove it, so instead of doing something stupid like that... I created a cut-out frame with a sheet of core'dinations, folded the red side onto the black to create a frame. On the back sheet of black cardstock, I flush mounted the photo, then put 3d foam tape around the photo and along the edges of the pain black cardstock. After doing all that I mounted the "frame" sheet onto the plain black sheet.
Products Used: cardstock(unseen)-CTMH; cardstock (with frame cut-out)-core'dinations; rfibbon- foof-a-la; pearls-CTMH Opaques; alpha-Cindy Loo cartridge on Gypsy using Cricuit E; misc buttons

1 comment:

  1. You do have a great Mom! This layout is simple and yet very touching. Big J looks quit dapper here...

    ReplyDelete